Minis Gallery
It is currently 06/25/18 12:10:30 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 415 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 ... 28  Next
 Post subject: Re: Next Pathfinder set: Jungle of Despair
PostPosted: 03/14/18 2:54:08 am 
Deathknight

champion: Marrashi - Vodyanoi
VFults wrote:
Every time I look at the Infectious Qlippoth's eye I think "Open the pod bay doors, HAL." :)

"I'm sorry Dave, I'm afraid I can't do that" :D
For me, he reminds me of Ship from Ben 10 too... that eye just makes it look cute. :)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: 03/14/18 10:48:21 am 
Skeleton

Wow! The daemons and qlippoths are absolutely stunning. Plus, I can envision most of them as having significantly valuable proxy value as a tabletop piece. Paizo may be coming out with the most creative and non-orthodox set yet (as far as selections go). Especially since WotC's recent sets are still plumbing the depths of their traditional iconic creatures & PCs.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: 03/14/18 11:26:00 pm 
Zombie

Could someone please post a link to this week's miniature preview. I have visited the Blog a couple times and I do not see it there. I do see though that another member posted pictures here, so they must be posted somewhere.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: 03/14/18 11:38:37 pm 
Skeleton

http://paizo.com/community/blog/v5748dy ... st#discuss

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: 03/15/18 10:41:07 am 
Denizen

I have to cheer for this set, too. I DM in a (heavily) modified Ravenloft setting, but I use monsters from any edition, company, or source that catches my eye. And I have to admit that the new Monster Menagerie is adding, well, a modron to my collection.

This one, though...is blowing me away. Especially the qlippoths. I always ignored them as monsters that are pretty cool storywise but just wouldn't have the same punch on the table without actual miniatures to back them up. Now that I've seen them, the end-game for the campaign I've been running just crystallized...I'll be picking up a bunch of these guys, and using them throughout the higher-level arcs of the game.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: 03/15/18 11:29:53 am 
Charon

champion: Huge Aboleth
@Kor - That last Pathfinder Battles article does not have any of the usual tags associated with it. All the rest of the articles have Miniatures, Pathfinder Battles and <Set Name> as tags, and if your link is searching on them it would explain why the latest article is slipping through the cracks.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: 03/15/18 3:47:09 pm 
Denizen

http://paizo.com/community/blog/v5748dy ... and-Rivals

New previews, Rivals and Rituals!

I can't upload individual pics at the moment, but here's the link!!!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: 03/15/18 3:52:40 pm 
Lurker

Thanks for being patient with us as we've stretches our redesigned legs on paizo.com. The blogs should be back on their regular schedule now, but at least we're caught up.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: 03/15/18 4:46:03 pm 
Zombie

champion: Cloakers
Great previews Mark!

A quick question re 'regular schedules' for previews; would that be a Monday, Thursday or Friday ;-)

Cheers!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: 03/15/18 5:33:12 pm 
Lurker

Monday. The last few blogs going up on Thursdays and Fridays was just an effort to squeeze the ones we missed in between other blogs.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: 03/15/18 5:41:44 pm 
Denizen

Great preview! You are right Mark, this is the centerpiece of this period previews...here at last :)

Loving the assassin elf!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: 03/15/18 9:04:33 pm 
Skeleton

Nice preview! The Morlock Cleric is interesting .... in that it's the first Morlock mini issued by Paizo.

For those of you not in the know, Morlocks are Paizo's re-interpretation of WotC/D&D's Grimlocks. Of which there are 4 Grimlock PPM's in various sets throughout the years. This thread here has a quote by Paizo's James Jacobs which confirm the Morlock/Grimlock connection:

http://paizo.com/threads/rzs2nix9?Do-Mo ... -Grimlocks

That all said, I'm thrilled to see this Morlock Cleric mini ... and I hope there are more Morlock minis on the horizon. As I do love both races and can see using both race's minis mixed together in tabletop play.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: 03/16/18 5:03:49 am 
Deathknight

champion: Marrashi - Vodyanoi
So, images from the new preview:

Summoning Pillar, I assume Medium, Rare*. Looks nice but I have given up on owning any of these, the 10+$ they cost makes them only viable if I pull one at random from a booster.

Serpentfolk Wizard - Medium, Rare. Remember when I posted the Serpentfolk artwork? ;)
BB Shockwave wrote:
Nazith-Yol (male Serpentfolk transmuter) - I like the ornate headdress and the many patterns on his skin.

Yeah this one is based on Nazith-Yol, a Serpentfolk Wizard of the Amphisbaeinan Rite. He and his bonded mate are an interesting couple - while Serpentfolk are (supposedly) emotionless, they do form permanent telepathic bonds with another that gives them extra power and abilities... the closest thing Serpentfolk have for a marriage, I guess. I liked these two (the other is called Nylla-Jas) as they are serving the main villain but mostly are there to gather up lore and elope with it, only fighting you while collecting their books... practical.
Sadly him being Rare, I will likely only get one from a booster, otherwise the price will be too high for me.

Morlock Cleric - Medium, Uncommon. For those who still wonder, it's a funny thing - WotC could not use the Morlock name due to HG Wells' copyright, so they renamed these blind, degenerate subterranean descendant of humans from The Time Machine to Grimlocks (ironically, thus coining the name years before Hasbro used it for the Dinobot leader). Paizo on the other hand, cannot call them Grimlocks because WotC - now belonging to Hasbro - owns that name, so they went back to the now public domain Morlock name. Irony! :)
I frankly don't really like this mini, he has really stumpy legs and overall weird anatomy. But I am glad Paizo finally started making minis of Morlocks, given how prevalent they are in their adventures (in Pathfinder, they are the degenerate remnants of ancient Azlanti).
Btw, is he holding a cute super-deformed Lamashtu idol? :D

Elf Assassin, Medium Uncommon. He looks nice, armor is a bit too flashy from what I'd imagine on an assassin, but neat. I frankly think this should have been a rare instead, as he looks more like a PC mini. The contracts and his human-face manpurse on his belt are pretty funny.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: 03/16/18 1:44:34 pm 
Skeleton

Two previews in one week?? NICE.

We're seeing a lot of first time done in ppm figures in this set which, even if some don't appeal to me personally, it's still nice to see others excited over things they've waited years for. :)

As for me, I'll be sure to pick up multiples of the uncommons shown here, and perhaps a rare or two if the price is right.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: 03/16/18 2:31:06 pm 
Skeleton

champion: Solar
Summoning pillar and the amphisbaenian wizard are really strong minis. The wizard fits as a rare, though I could see using more than one because sometimes PCs need to run away. The only fault with the pillar is there will be too few of them. There has to be a better way to deliver the dungeon dressing. I could see using 4-8 of the summoning pillars for an encounter, but with 1-2 per case that is not feasible.

The morlock is not my cup of tea, but it does a good job of capturing the creepy-dude-crawling-out-of-cave-to-eat-you vibe.

The face on the leg makes the assassin a pass for me. Otherwise I like it and would pick up at least one.

Profile E-mail  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 415 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 ... 28  Next