Minis Gallery
It is currently 05/23/18 6:47:09 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours

Post subject: Berk's Reviews
PostPosted: 04/23/18 1:14:46 am 
Zombie

I have really enjoyed Berk the Black's reviews and it got me thinking that it would be nice to have some sort of index page for all his reviews. Somehow that led to me looking at blog building websites and an hour later I had a new blog site created. It seemed like a solid plan so I thought contacting the author of the reviews might be a good idea :)

Graciously, Berk the Black agreed to let me mirror his posts on the blog site. I have added his latest posts from Monster Menagerie 3 and Jungle of Despair. I know many of the people that follow the Minisgallery Facebook page will also enjoy reading his excellent mini review & comparison posts, so I will also be linking the blog posts to the Facebook page.

This new blog can be found at:
https://minisgallery.wixsite.com/reviews

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Berk's Reviews
PostPosted: 04/23/18 2:52:29 am 
Skeleton

I'm sure I've mentioned this numerous times by now but it bears repeating: as primarily a singles buyer these reviews along with their accompanying comparison photos are an invaluable resource in deciding what to get from the new sets. They save me a lot of time (and ultimately money) and we would all be much worse off without them. Thank you, Berk, for always taking the time out of your busy schedule to accommodate the rest of us.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: 04/23/18 5:58:38 am 
Charon

champion: Huge Aboleth
That’s exactly why I do it. I remember when I first started out, how hard it was, even with online store pictures, to know exactly what I was getting.

And the discussions we have on this forum about the various pieces are useful to me, even after I already have them. I’ve learned about Qlippoth this go round. And it’s always interesting to find out why other people like / dislike something. Sometimes it changes my mind about things.

I don’t know what happened this time, but I managed to get the Jungle of Despair case very early. That makes the info even more valuable, as you all can beat the competition to the chase pieces. I have to give a shout out to the folks at Paizo, I think they made this happen. I’ll also give a plug for their subscription system, it is very competitive in pricing even though it is sometimes hard to tell based on the list prices that their site shows.

And, living just down the road from Miniature Market doesn’t hurt either. They usually get product to me within one day of release, if I don’t get off my duff and go pick it up myself.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: 04/24/18 5:29:09 pm 
Denizen

I'm just stopping by to say that I really enjoy your site Kor, much appreciated! And BtB reviews are really useful, like so many comments on these boards, pairing them with the Minisgallery site is a great idea, thank you both!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: 04/25/18 3:52:03 pm 
Lurker

champion: Gargantuan Green
Love the site too. Thanks for all the info over the years!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: 04/26/18 1:47:47 am 
VWC-S09-CH4_FIN
VWC-S09-CH4_FIN

Yes, echoed, I use the minisgallery a lot and enjoy Berk's comparison photos and reviews.

Thank you!

Good idea to add the reviews to the site.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: 05/12/18 8:15:29 pm 
Skeleton

I'll chime in that I, too, really dig Berk's photo-&-commentary reviews. So it's nice to see a page dedicated to his recent review.

Do you think any more of his older reviews might get added? I realize that's some work involved ....

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: 05/13/18 3:47:10 am 
Revenant

champion: Huge Aboleth
I freakin' love the Mini Gallery that Kor has up! I have linked my complete data base of mini picks to his site. If his site were to crash or go down ALL my mini picture links would go dead! Please keep it going just for my personal need and desire :roflmao:

Your site and this are the best ones out there for mini collectors! Thank you!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: 05/13/18 11:54:37 pm 
Zombie

Crai wrote:
Do you think any more of his older reviews might get added? I realize that's some work involved ....

I would like to add them, but right now all my focus is going towards prepping my database for the new site structure. It's definitely something on my "to-do list" but won't happen for awhile.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: 05/14/18 12:18:28 am 
Zombie

arbados wrote:
I freakin' love the Mini Gallery that Kor has up!

Thanks again to everyone for expressing your feedback about the site -- much appreciated.

arbados wrote:
I have linked my complete data base of mini picks to his site. If his site were to crash or go down ALL my mini picture links would go dead! Please keep it going just for my personal need and desire :roflmao:

Your site and this are the best ones out there for mini collectors! Thank you!

The good news, is that I plan to keep the site up indefinitely.

As for the other news... I am still getting my database ready for the new site structure -- when this happens the images will all be in a new location and will all be renamed. (i.e. The Monster Menagerie II, Human Monk picture is here: www.minisgallery.com/dnd/dnd7/dnd7_humanmonk.jpg however it will be moved and renamed to www.minisgallery.com/images/minis/dunge ... n-monk.jpg )

I am still quite a few months out though from making the switch. If it would help the transition, I could start uploading the images now to the new picture file locations to give you lots of time to start the link changes.

If anyone has links saved to the current web pages, these will still function as they will all redirect to the new pages.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: 05/14/18 5:08:19 am 
Deathknight

champion: Marrashi - Vodyanoi
Kor wrote:
I have really enjoyed Berk the Black's reviews and it got me thinking that it would be nice to have some sort of index page for all his reviews. Somehow that led to me looking at blog building websites and an hour later I had a new blog site created. It seemed like a solid plan so I thought contacting the author of the reviews might be a good idea :)

Graciously, Berk the Black agreed to let me mirror his posts on the blog site. I have added his latest posts from Monster Menagerie 3 and Jungle of Despair. I know many of the people that follow the Minisgallery Facebook page will also enjoy reading his excellent mini review & comparison posts, so I will also be linking the blog posts to the Facebook page.

This new blog can be found at:
https://minisgallery.wixsite.com/reviews

Weird, I can only see the header and nothing below... Probably the office proxy blocks the rest.

Profile E-mail