eLearning Has Transformed The Education Sector. Amid the pandemic, the past few months of isolation, lockdown, and quarantine have been quite challenging; so much so that it has completely revolutionized the education sector. With school and college classrooms lying empty and students being asked to stay at home, now is the time for a change!
In this article, we will be discussing how COVID-19 has brought about some positive changes in the education industry and the rise in the popularity of virtual classrooms.
How COVID-19 has Revolutionized the Education Sector
Brainvire believes The Coronavirus pandemic has overnight transformed the education industry, compelling the institutes to take the leap to online learning.
Initially, many of them were a bit skeptical about this sudden change; but the overwhelming experience of the pandemic has pushed the educational institutes to embrace various digital solutions like eLearning and virtual classrooms.
So far, here’s how the changes due to COVID-19 pandemic look like:
- The isolation and lockdown due to the pandemic have ended up offering a lot of time to the educators to rethink their teaching methods.
- Technology is gradually becoming a key part of the education system.
- Virtual classrooms and eLearning are slowly changing the role of an educator.
Regardless of the changes that are about to happen in the not so distant future, the impact of the pandemic on the education sector has surely shifted the focus on how technology can improve the student-teacher connection.
Besides, online learning solutions are also helping students to stay connected with their education.
The Positive Impact of Coronavirus on the Education Industry
Although some teachers are still grappling to adapt to the sudden changes amid this chaos, they still have a lot of time in hand to comprehend what education might look like.
The pandemic has absolutely changed the way things work on a global level. So it is safe to assume that, although, in a positive way, it might even transform the education sector.
Virtual Classroom & Web Apps – Two Technological Drivers of Education
A virtual classroom can offer the best form of learning from home – enable parents to keep an eye on their kids, and allow educators to simply focus on offering lessons – that way, the need for classroom management can be eliminated.
In other words, online learning solutions have been quickly revolutionizing the way knowledge is shared and accessed. It is also helping both teachers and students to stay connected with the recent educational data, as per their interest.
Along with virtual classrooms, several education-related web apps are also leading this transformation. Here’s how web apps can help:
- You can offer study materials to your students through website apps that are compatible with tablets and smartphones. This way, the amount of time required to travel and search for resources in an educational institution can be lowered.
- Intuitive and visually appealing online learning solutions like quizzes can be curated to break down intricate concepts into easy-to-understand information.
- Real-time data regarding study material can be shared with students, which can make it easier for educators to determine their student’s needs and accordingly fulfill them.
- You can integrate a test-launch feature in the web-based eLearning app to quickly evaluate the student data.
- With online learning apps, educators can boost their communication with the students via text and voice messages. This way, they can easily and swiftly clear the student’s doubts.
- Lessons can be taken online through live streaming or by offering downloadable sessions for easy offline access.
Leveraging Advanced Technology to Provide Education
Amidst the chaos, the majority of institutes have successfully leveraged the advanced technology to curate study materials and make eLearning easier for students of all ages.
Even the teachers around the globe have started exploring the new opportunities to effectively conduct online sessions while ensuring maximum flexibility and accessibility is offered to every student.
While the present situation has reminded all of us about the significance of social interaction, it has also brought the importance of various learning approaches to the limelight!
The Education Sector – Top 3 Emerging Trends
Here are the top three emerging trends that are likely to revolutionize the education industry for good:
1. Artificial Intelligence (AI)
AI has got the potential to not only enhance but automate various learning processes that are a part of the education sector.
With artificial intelligence, educational institutes can also streamline their administrative tasks along with curating a fully customized online learning experience for their students.
As more and more Millenials and gen-Z have started using smartphones, the impulse to access data from anywhere and at any time is rapidly increasing in popularity. It is also helping students to easily get hold of their books, grades, and other study materials, no matter where they are from.
Using smartphones, they can attend sessions within the comfort of their home and this is one of the trends that can take learning to new heights.
The 5th gen of wireless technology, 5G has the potential to offer speed, enable swift downloads, improve business efficiency, provide quick sharing of data, and create a powerful network.
When it comes to the education industry, one of the major challenges is the discrepancy between supply and demand. There are also countless students around the globe who can’t afford education, which is considered as an essential priority for the development of human capital.
But when eLearning, when coupled with 5G, is used to its maximum potential, it can help eliminate this challenge. It can also help in offering creative study materials to the students and improve student-teacher engagement.